Saturday, August 24, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #33


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by  Tynga's Reviews! This meme showcases the books received, bought, or checked out from the library over the past week. 

This week's haul is a small one. 

Won:
A Darkness Strange and Lovely
By: Susan Dennard
Synopsis:
Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.

Check out my review of it here!

16 comments:

  1. Nice haul. Heard good things about Susan Dennard.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is just gorgeous, and after reading your review I'm definitely adding it to my TBR shelf. Oh and I love how you have your cat in the pic lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Taylor @Reads Over Needs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one is on my list! Sounds good. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for winning! It's always a great week when you win a book. I'm so so excited to read that series!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Small hauls are good! It gives you a chance to catch up. I'm dying to read that book:) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read A Darkness Strange and Lovely, I love the cover!

    Thanks for stopping by!


    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an intriguing book, adding it to my to-read list now :)

    Hope you enjoy it!


    Estelle @ Reading in the Dark

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a frustrating sequel, but at the same time it was really good. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)
    Happy reading!

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Small or not - great taste! I adore Susan and her books! I got the chance to meet & interview her back in June and she's easily become a favorite author of mine!

    Here's my haul

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover! enjoy and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of those series that I just don't know WHY I haven't read yet. Gorgeous covers, steampunk, zombies...I really need to read these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard good things about this book and your cat is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! I love this series :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book is unfamiliar to me. But cover is gorgeous.

    Have fun reading them!

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got that one a couple weeks ago and I can't wait to read it. I have several ahead of it so I'm antsing to start it! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!