Friday, August 22, 2014

BLURRED by Tara Fuller

Rating: B
Synopsis:
Cash is haunted by things. Hungry, hollow things. They only leave him alone when Anaya, Heaven’s beautiful reaper, is around. Cash has always been good with girls, but Anaya isn’t like the others. She’s dead. And with his deteriorating health, Cash might soon be as well.

Anaya never breaks the rules, but the night of the fire she recognized part of Cash’s soul—and doomed him to something worse than death. Cash’s soul now resides in an expired body, making him a shadow walker—a rare, coveted being that can walk between worlds. A being creatures of the underworld would do anything to get their hands on.

The lines between life and death are blurring, and Anaya and Cash find themselves falling helplessly over the edge. Trapped in a world where the living don’t belong, can Cash make it out alive?


My thoughts on the book:
Blurred is a good addition to the Kissed by Death series. I actually enjoyed it more than I did Inbetween. It has a bit of a darker feel, and I really loved getting to know more about Cash and Anaya. Those two did not disappoint.  The pacing is pretty spot on, and the character development is good. Some parts of the book were a bit lacking, but for the most part, I really enjoyed this story. 

Cash is an interesting character. He's angry, and rightfully so, but I never felt that he was angsty or whiny. He had a really hard time, and I felt badly for him often. He evolves a ton throughout the course of the novel as well. Anaya is likable and not half as boring as Emma. I really liked how she changed, and I enjoyed the dynamic between her and Cash. Their situation was a unique one. I also liked seeing more Easton. I hope he's the star of the next installment.

This plot is a bit more complex than the last one, and I enjoyed that. Some things that happened, and some character reactions, didn't seem authentic, but for the most part, everything made sense. I felt a sense of urgency much more in this book than in the last one, and Cash goes through a lot of hell to get to where he is. Fuller didn't go easy on him at all. The ending wraps things up nicely for Anaya and Cash, and I like how things turned out.

Overall, I'd recommend this book and series to people who like light romance novels. This one is a bit darker (due to the characters), but it's not intensely dark by any means. If you want a quick, fun read, look no further. 

Order Blurred today


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!