Friday, December 19, 2014

CREATORS by Tiffany Truitt

Rating: B
Synopsis:
The dramatic conclusion to the Lost Souls trilogy, which answers readers’ questions and finally pits natural Tess against the true enemies of Templeton, the creators

Heartbroken but more determined than ever after a tense showdown in the woods, sixteen-year-old Tess once again returns to the safety of her community of Isolationists. Bolstered by new alliances and desperate to protect those she loves, this time she knows she can return stronger and more powerful than ever to take back what is hers. As she trains in combat and grows more confident, Tess receives beautiful letters penned by her forbidden love, the chosen one James, from his prison in Templeton. He is now serving as a bodyguard to the creators-the team of scientists who created artificial life in the first place. And what he has discovered about the true origin of the illness that halted natural life could change everything. Enemy will become ally and death will bring new hope in this stunning conclusion to Tiffany Truitt's epic Lost Souls trilogy.


My thoughts on the book:
The first thing that crossed my mind when I finished Creators was, "why? Why did you have to hurt my feelings, Tiffany Truitt?" I mean the ending was good, and this was a fantastic conclusion, but it was sad as heck. The character growth was excellent and organic; the plot was intense and full of emotion; the writing was beautiful; and the ending tied everything up nicely. Still, I just don't see why it had to be so sad. Sigh. 

The characters all evolved a lot n this novel, and I felt like Tess really came into her own. She impressed me time and time again in this book, and she really showed her strength toward the end. Tess did what she had to do to protect the people she loved, and I really admired her for that. She had a nice balance, and wasn't completely selfish, like some characters are. Tess understood sacrificing for the greater good, but she also wanted to protect those closest to her. The constant struggle between the two ideals was interesting to read. The other characters all pretty much broke my heart at one time or another. They were all realistic and flawed and wonderful, but they really crushed my soul. 

The plot was amazing, and I flew through this book. I had to find out what happened next. Truitt balanced everything wonderfully. The pacing was perfect. Nothing was rushed, and I never got bored. The action and romance scenes were realistic and natural. Nothing felt forced. Truitt's writing really captivated me, too. She words things so beautifully. I can't wait to see what she writes next. The ending crushed my very essence, and I hated it and loved it at the same time. I like when authors don't go easy on the reader, but it really didn't have to be that sad. Sheesh. Things were tied up nicely, though, and nothing fit neatly into a little box. I liked that.

Overall, this series was fantastic. I really loved all three books, and I can't wait to see what Truitt comes up with next. If you're looking for a dystopian series that stands out from the rest, give this one a try. You won't be sorry. 

Order Creators

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!