Saturday, January 5, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #20



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by  Tynga's Reviews! This meme showcases the books received, bought, or checked out from the library over the course of the past week. 

For Review:
Apollyon
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: 04/09/13
A big thank you to Spencer Hill Press!
Synopsis:
Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


So... I opened up the book, right? And look what I found inside!!!

Yep, that's right... A blurb about Deity from Fall Into Books!!! I was so excited! This is the second JLA book that I've gotten blurbed in, and I'm so honored. I'd like to give an extra thank you to Spencer Hill Press for thinking of me!

Purchased:
Hallowed
By: Cynthia Hand
Synopsis:
For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

In this compelling sequel to Unearthly, Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.


Undeadly
By: Michele Vail
Synopsis:
The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...

Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper—and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath. Within days, she's shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite boarding school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. 

Life at Nekyia has its plusses. Molly has her own personal ghoul, for one. Rick follows her there out of the blue, for another...except, there's something a little off about him. When students at the academy start to die and Rath disappears, Molly starts to wonder if anything is as it seems. Only one thing is certain—-Molly's got an undeadly knack for finding trouble...


Swag:
Again, a big thank you to Spencer Hill Press!!!

18 comments:

  1. Amazing haul! It's really cool that you were listed inside the book with a blurb! It's like a book blogger's dream. :) I have wanted to check out the Covenant series for a while now. I have read Obsidian but that's the only Jennifer L. Armentrout book that I've read.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallowed was a great sequel to Unearthly!! I hope you like it!

    And congrats on getting quoted AGAIN, such an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, you're one of the lucky ones that got APOLLYON! Nice!!! I look forward to hearing what you have to say!!! And I love those bookmarks. Great bunch you have here! :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got Appollyon! So Jelly! Enjoy reading your books :D

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO cool that you got blurbed in a book!! Enjoy your books!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Bree
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked Unearthly but have yet to read Hallowed. Hopefully 2013 I can finally get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started either of the first two series but I know that I seriously have too. Undeadly does look amazing though! :)

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to start both series. I do own Unearthly and hope to get to it sometime soon. I think Hallowed has a gorgeous cover. Congrats on your swag and happy reading!

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently read Undeadly and liked it! Thanks for stopping by my post :)

    New email follower - Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  10. hallowed is already available?!?!
    OMG how did you get apollyon?!?!? I want one too huhuhu JLA is my all time fav author! great haul and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, awesome haul! I need to read Hallowed (read Unearthly a long time ago) & try the Covenant series. I already read Undeadly, but sadly didn't enjoy it much because of one main reason, but I'm not going to spoil that for you. (:
    Thanks for stopping by my STS & I followed back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. dang you i am so jealous that you have Apollyon !!! enjoy reading! great haul! thanks for checking out my STS - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice haul! I bought Unearthly yesterday, can't wait to start that series! Enjoy your new books!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice! I have hallowed and undeadly and haven't gotten round to reading either yet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome haul!!! I got Apollyon too!!! Yay for us getting Apollyon!!! :D I loved Hallowed as well! Hope you enjoy all your books!!! :)

    My StS

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait for Apollyon.
    Hope you love it.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh so many books!! I love the covers :P Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like we will all get to be reading Apollyon together. I have Hallowed, but haven't read it yet. I wasn't crazy about Undeadly, but I hope you like it. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!