Thursday, November 7, 2013

PUSHED by Corrine Jackson

Rating: A-
Release Date: 11/26/13
Synopsis:
She didn’t know how far she’d go—until she was pushed.

Remy O’Malley was just learning to harness her uncanny healing power when she discovered the other,darker half of her bloodline. Now she lives trapped between two worlds, uneasy among her fellow
Healers—and relentlessly hunted by the Protectors.

Forced to conceal her dual identity, and the presence of her Protector boyfriend Asher Blackwell, Remy encounters a shadow community of Healers who will put her loyalties to the test.

Pushed to the limit, with the lives of those she loves most on the line, Remy must decide whether to choose sides in a centuries-old war—or make the ultimate sacrifice and go to a place from which she may never return…


My thoughts on the book:
Pushed is a fantastic sequel to Touched. I enjoyed the first book in the series, but I wasn't absolutely in love with it. However, this time around, Jackson won me over. I fell in love with the setting, the characters, and the plot. I can't wait to see what Jackson has in store for her characters next. They grew so much in this installment, and the plot was fast paced and intense. This is turning out to be one of my favorite YA series, and I'm glad that Kensington gave me the opportunity to try it out. 

Remy grew so much in this installment. She was kind of weak, in my opinion, in the first book. She was still super desperate to be loved, a lot like her mother, but she also recognized her faults and worked to fix them. She became a very strong force to be reckoned with by the end of this novel. Asher also grew, and I enjoyed his relationship with Remy. The character I loved reading about the most, however, was Gabe. We really got to know him better this time around, and I found that I really like him a lot! I can't wait to see more of him in the next book. Jackson also introduced some new characters that surprised me. Remy's grandfather was a big part of this novel, and it took me awhile to figure out how I felt about him. I really liked Erin and hope we get to see her again in the next book. Alcais has the potential to become a really, really bad enemy.

The plot itself had so many twists and turns that I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. It was action packed and full of suspense. I couldn't put this book down. Poor Remy couldn't catch a break. Unlike many second books, Pushed was no filler story. It stood on its own with a perfectly paced and tightly plotted narrative. There's a bit of a love triangle, which I didn't like - this is why the book got an A- instead of A+. It seemed a bit natural, but it didn't have to happen. There were ways around it. However, once I see what Jackson has in store for us next, I may agree with it more. The ending was a cliffhanger, which I hate, but it left me dying to read the next installment. 

Overall, I'd recommend this book and series to anyone who is looking for a different kind of YA paranormal read. It's extremely entertaining and has some depth and darkness to it. Give this series a chance. You won't be sorry. For those who already read and enjoyed the first book, Pushed will not disappoint. 

Pre-order Pushed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!