Monday, September 2, 2013

WAIT FOR YOU by J. Lynn

Wait For You
J. Lynn

Rating: A
Release Date: 09/03/13
Synopsis:
Some things are worth waiting for...

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago--an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe--please God--make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn't need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she's building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing...

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that's just so... so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet...

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she's has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for...


My thoughts on the book:
Wait for You is my first foray into the New Adult world, and I was not disappointed! J. Lynn is one of my favorite authors, so I had super high expectations for this novel, and J. Lynn exceeded them - of course. This novel is chock-full of emotion and inspiration. With well-developed characters and a plot that will tug at your heart strings, this is one novel that should not be missed.  J. Lynn took a chance with this book, and it paid off. I couldn't recommend this story highly enough.

Avery was a character that I could relate to more than I'd like to admit. Her "issues" hit really close to home for me, and because of that, this was an incredibly hard book for me to read. However, I powered through, and I'm glad I did. Her situation is different from mine, but I have a deep understanding of feeling broken. She grew so much throughout the course of this novel, and I felt like maybe there is hope for people who have to overcome such huge obstacles, after all. Maybe we shouldn't resign ourselves to our fates and stay broken forever. Cameron was a great leading guy. Like all of J. Lynn's men, she was swoon-worthy and wonderful. I really loved reading about him and his interactions with Avery.

The plot is both heart-wrenching and heart-warming. J. Lynn always puts a lot of what I like to call "soul" into her novels, and this one is no exception. I could feel what the characters were feeling, and I was rooting for Avery and Cameron the entire time. The pacing is perfect. I laughed and I cried, and the ending fits wonderfully. I was dying to learn what happened to Avery and to find out if Avery and Cam would make it.

Overall, I'd recommend this book to anyone. It's a fantastic addition to a growing genre.

Pre-order Wait For You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!