Friday, July 11, 2014

Feature and Follow #41


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

Please state in the post if you're a new follower or old follower. Also, be sure to leave a link back to your blog, otherwise I won't know where to go to follow you! Thank you.







This week's question: If you had a time machine (i.e. a TARDIS), where would you go?
My Answer: Let me just start of by saying that I ADORE this week's question! As a Doctor Who fan and history nerd, this is one of the best questions I could be asked. There are SO MANY time periods that I'd like to visit, just to experience for myself what life was like then, and so many events that deserve to be witnessed by people who can fully appreciate them in a way that they can't be appreciated when they're being lived. Some of the main events I would like to see include The Easter Rising of 1918 in Dublin, Ireland; the start of the American Revolution in April of 1776 in Lexington, Massachusetts; The Battle of Little Bighorn (Custer's Last Stand) in Montana in June of 1876; and the beginning of the French Revolution in Paris, France, in 1789, to name a few. I would love to see these acts of bravery because these people were willing to die for their freedom, and that is a beautiful thing. The Easter Rising in Dublin was not successful in and of itself, but it inspired the Irish to fight to end British oppression, and Ireland finally became a sovereign nation. The American Revolution is an inspiration in and of itself because it bridged classes and joined all people together to fight for the freedom that we enjoy today. Custer's Last Stand show that the Lakota, Arapahoe, and Cheyenne were willing to fight, even when it seemed like a lost cause, to keep their people free and combat genocide. The French Revolution shows that the unrepresented masses can change the world, too, if they're willing to fight. 
There are also time periods, places, and people I would love to visit, including the Ancient Celts (I would really love to witness the Wailing Stone at the Hill of Tara choosing the High King of Ireland), the reign of Henry VIII, the reign of Bloody Mary, the reign of Elizabeth I (Basically the entire Tudor Dynasty, haha), Viking Dublin, Louis XIV's reign, and Glendalough when it was a thriving monastic city, to name a few. 
Okay, that was a super long answer. Sorry about that. I got excited. What time period would you like to visit if you had a TARDIS?

10 comments:

  1. I love to go back to the Victorian Period. :)
    NEW GFC FOLLOWER

    Here's MY FF

    Christine Danielle @ Bibliophilic Madness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is one of the best answers I have seen..lol. Maybe I should think a little harder on my answer..hehe. :)
    Have a great weekend,
    Stormi
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/feature-and-follow-friday-time-travel/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Man. Your answers are GREAT! Ah, Irish uprising! I've been to THE post office. So many great choices! Followed you back via bloglovin! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to go back to the Victorian era simply for the dresses~!

    New facebook, bloglovin, and GFC follower. I gave a personal answer in my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't call your post overly-long, just enthusiastic. And the world lacks enthusiasm these days, so you're a breath of fresh air.
    Following back via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your answer was definitely more thought out than mine was! I just thought it would be nice to go to the 1920s so I could really be a flapper instead of just dressing like one every year for Halloween! haha.

    Followed back via GFC! :]

    Tiffany
    Beneath the Jacket Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with visiting the time of the Tudors! That was my second choice =D
    Old follower, thanks from stopping by my FF
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list! It's super detailed but I can tell how much you love history :) Thanks for stopping by and following!

    New Bloglovin' Follower
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an amazing list. :)
    Followed back via GFC

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!