Wednesday, July 9, 2014

KILLER FROST by Jennifer Estep

Rating: A
Synopsis:
I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before–and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I’ve got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic–and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion, but at heart, I’m still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.

Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am.


My thoughts on the book:
Killer Frost is an excellent finale to a fantastic series. Jennifer Estep is one of my favorite writers, and this ending did not disappoint. It was action-packed and full of romance. Estep also highlighted the importance of friendship and family bonds. Gwen grows into a wonderful character, and the ending is fulfilling. I couldn't have asked for more. 

Gwen continues growing until the very end of this novel, but she never acts out of character. At times I was extremely frustrated at her stubbornness, but I also understood it. Logan surprised me a few times in a good way, and I am extremely happy with the character he became. Grandma Frost is featured more in this installment than she was in the previous novels, and I enjoyed learning more about her. Logan's dad got on my nerves, as usual, but I feel like he's on the path to becoming a decent person. 

The plot is fast-paced, and I wasn't bored for a second. There is a lot of action surrounding Gwen and her friends, and I wondered several times who would and would not make it out of this alive. Gwen has to rely on both new and old friends in order to take on her nemesis, and the suspense was close to unbearable toward the end. The ending is satisfying and ties up loose ends. I felt resolved, yet sad when the story ended. This is an excellent YA series, and I am sad to say goodbye to the characters. However, I feel that Estep gave them each the lives and endings they deserved. 

Overall, I'd recommend this book and series to anyone who enjoys YA paranormal/mythological books. Estep mixes all mythologies together to create her warrior races, and the idea is refreshing. Give this series a try. You won't be disappointed. 

Check out Killer Frost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!