Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #38


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I'm waiting on this Wednesday is Captive by Aimee Carter.


Release Date: 11/25/14
Synopsis:
For the past two months, Kitty Doe's life has been a lie. Forced to impersonate the Prime Minister's niece, her frustration grows as her trust in her fake fiancĂ© cracks, her real boyfriend is forbidden and the Blackcoats keep her in the dark more than ever. 

But in the midst of discovering that her role in the Hart family may not be as coincidental as she thought, she's accused of treason and is forced to face her greatest fear: Elsewhere. A prison where no one can escape. 

As one shocking revelation leads to the next, Kitty learns the hard way that she can trust no one, not even the people she thought were on her side. With her back against the wall, Kitty wants to believe she'll do whatever it takes to support the rebellion she believes in—but is she prepared to pay the ultimate price?

Why I'm Waiting:
While I was a fan of Aimee Carter's The Goddess Test series, I wasn't sure how her Dystopian writing would be. Let's face it, Greek Mythology and Dystopia are to very different genres. I was pleasantly surprised by Pawn. It was unique and refreshing, and it ended up being one of my favorite books of the year. Therefore, I can't wait to read Captive. The synopsis sounds amazing, and I love the cover!

What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. This cover is amazing!!

    I hope you enjoy it and to see you around my blog!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is very popular this week. It looks like a lot of people want to find out what happens next. So do I. Great WOW choice.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captive! I really liked Pawn, so I can't wait to read Captive. I so want to read it soon! I hope you love it, Amber :)

    Have a great rest-of-the-week!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read Pawn but I've been meaning to do so... the cover looks absolutely great! hope you'll enjoy this! :)
    thanks for dropping by my WoW

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!