Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ENDLESSLY by Kiersten White

Endlessly
Kiersten White

Rating: B-
Synopsis from goodreads.com:
Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.


My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed Endlessly much more than Supernaturally. Evie got on my nerves during the first half of the book, but she really grew over the course of the story, and by the end, I actually liked her character again. The plot and pacing are pretty spot-on, and there is enough action and adventure to keep the book interesting. I wasn't bored once while reading this. Fans of the series will adore this final installment. 

During the first half of the book, Evie is her typical selfish, bratty, whiny, obnoxious, omg-why-can't-I-beat-this-girl-in-the-face-with-my-shoe, self. However, by the end of the story, she grows into someone who is willing to make sacrifices for the greater good. She finds her own voice and learns how to use it. She also discovers that making the right decision is more important than being a brat. I am pleasantly surprised by how she evolves. 

The secondary characters in this novel really stand out. Everyone has a cameo, even Vivian. I enjoyed the fact that there is a lot of Reth in this novel because I love him. Jack also makes a come back, and he's more entertaining than ever. We also get to know a new side of Raquel, and Lend isn't nearly as obnoxious as he was in Supernaturally. I actually liked him in this book. I also enjoyed getting to know the Seelie Queen a bit. She is an interesting character.

The plot is intriguing, and I found the book hard to put down, even when Evie was annoying the crap out of me. The pacing is spot on, and the ending ties everything up nicely. This novel manages to explain everything that was left unexplained in the previous novels as well as providing an exciting plot. Endlessly is full of nonstop action. Poor Evie just can't catch a break. I actually started to feel bad for the girl. White really puts her through the wringer and makes her earn who she becomes, which causes a lot of suspense. I honestly had no idea how the book would end and if anyone would be happy or not. I was happy with the ending, though, and I feel that things are wrapped up nicely. 

Overall, I'd recommend this book to anyone who has read the first two books in the series. I'd also recommend this series to anyone who prefers a humorous, lighthearted paranormal read. White has a unique voice, and I am looking forward to reading future work by her. 

Want to buy Endlessly?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!