Friday, August 24, 2012

Follow Friday #23



This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

If you can't follow via GFC, then please follow via NetworkedBlogs or e-mail! :)

Please state in the post if you're a new follower or old follower. If you don't tell me that you are following, then I don't know that you are. Therefore, I'll not follow you back. I would like to follow each and every one of you back, so it is important that you clearly state that you are following me and not just stopping by. When someone says, "just saying hi!" or "just hopping through!" then I have no idea if you are following or not. That means that I may or may not return the visit, depending on how much time I have. The people who state they are following me will definitely get a visit and follow back. Also be sure to leave a link back to your blog, otherwise I won't know where to go to follow you! Thank you.   
  



Q: Worst cover? What is the worst cover of a book that you’ve read and loved?
A: I personally think the covers for Brigid Kemmerer's Elementals series are unfortunate, but I adore the books! The covers look like bad 80's 90210 promo shots, but the novels are amazing.


 This one isn't so bad. The guy just looks kind of confused/out of it, and if you don't know what the book is about, then you probably wonder why he's carrying a bush. Check out my review here.

This is the most 80's 90210 worthy shot, if you ask me. I keep waiting on Luke Perry to appear. See if Luke Perry makes a cameo in the story in my review here.
This is the best cover, in my opinion. It looks normal and fits with Hunter's spirit element while also not seeming strange to those who haven't read the series yet (see bush photo)








This looks like a boy band promo shot. It's like the Elementals are trying to be Backstreet Boys. Not good. See if the Elementals make sweet music together in my review here.









The series is fantastic, though. One of my favorites. If you don't believe me, check out my reviews for these books (links above). I didn't review Fearless yet, but I have read it, and it's also excellent.

What cover(s) did you hate, but you loved the book(s)?

13 comments:

  1. Storm and Spark certainly look like boy band covers. I'm not sure what the publisher was thinking.

    Old follower

    http://abookishco-op.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same. It doesn't leave room for much originality. New Follower.

    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. They seem to be a little bit 80s boy-band, don't they? :D New follower via GFC. I have two blogs. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, you're right! Not a big fan of the covers either. Have a great weekend!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally random, but as I was reading this Single Ladies came on the radio and now all I can see when I look at the cover of Fearless is him dancing to it... And now I'm looking at it and giggling :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I donn't particularly like either cover, which is why I never read the series! LOL But if you say they are good, I'll have to check them out! :)
    I'm a new follower via GFC (I'm under ele05gs), please follow back if you can.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like these covers lol, except for the Elemental and Fearless. I agree w/ the band boy covers but they look like posters you can put on your wall, u know? Old follower!

    My FF

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahaha I had the same pick as you! Great minds think alike lol xD New GFC follower!

    Reading Until Dawn>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by our FF, new follower via GFC. Those covers are pretty bad, I probably wouldn't be drawn to those books if I saw them in the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, not the best covers, but I'm glad you loved them anyway.

    Here's My FF!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah! I couldn't agree more! For such an incredible series, they're completely naf covers! The Aussie ones are slightly better, but still not great!
    Thanks for stopping by! =D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!