Friday, August 17, 2012

ASYLUM INTERVIEWS: TRIXIE by Jocelynn Drake

Asylum Interviews: Trixie
Jocelynn Drake

Rating: A-
Release Date: 9/4/12
Synopsis from goodreads.com:
The second of two prequel stories to Jocelynn Drake's Angel's Ink.

Gage's ex-girlfriend is back in town and needs help escaping a master vampire. While not the easiest of tasks, he certainly didn't count of getting help from a mysterious woman with a few secrets of her own.


My thoughts on the book:
This novella was much, much better than the Bronx interview was. Gage came across as a man instead of a woman, Bronx was present, but not the focus, and Trixie seems like an interesting character. However, this story focused more on Gage and his relationship with this ex-girlfriend than it did on Trixie. Because of that, I feel that the title is a bit misleading, but after reading this story, I am looking forward to reading Angel's Ink!

From what we saw of Trixie, I really liked her. She's tough, and she doesn't take Gage's crap. Gage is all cutesy infatuated with her, too. He just doesn't know it yet. I kind of hope they get together and that he forgets about Jo. I also hope that he tells Trixie his secrets and she tells him hers. I just think they'd make a really good couple.

For a short read, this novella packed in a ton of action and suspense. I couldn't put my Kindle down until I reached the end. The story starts with a heavy make out session in a closet, and things just pick up from there. We get to meet more characters and learn about more rules in this world. I really love how Drake decided to open this series with two novellas to introduce the rules and species of her newly created world. It's a unique idea, and I enjoyed these two novellas much more than I would have enjoyed a ton of info dumps. 

Overall, I'd recommend this to anyone who loves a good urban fantasy book. It's a short read, and once you pick it up, you won't be able to put it down. You also won't be able to wait for Angel's Kiss after you read this novella.

Pre-order The Asylum Interviews: Trixie for only $1.99! (Click the button below to make your purchase)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!