Friday, August 31, 2012

Follow Friday #24


This is a meme hosted every Friday by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, where book bloggers answer a question each week and check out how others answered it. It's a cool way for bloggers and viewers to connect and learn more about each other!

If you can't follow via GFC, then please follow via NetworkedBlogs or e-mail! :)

Please state in the post if you're a new follower or old follower. If you don't tell me that you are following, then I don't know that you are. Therefore, I'll not follow you back. I would like to follow each and every one of you back, so it is important that you clearly state that you are following me and not just stopping by. When someone says, "just saying hi!" or "just hopping through!" then I have no idea if you are following or not. That means that I may or may not return the visit, depending on how much time I have. The people who state they are following me will definitely get a visit and follow back. Also be sure to leave a link back to your blog, otherwise I won't know where to go to follow you! Thank you.   
  



Q: Best Cover? What is the best cover of a book that you’ve read and didn’t like?
A: It's a toss up between Fallen by Lauren Kate and Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer. 

This cover is gorgeous, but the story itself is flat, predictable, and boring. Also, the characters are even more flat, predictable, and boring than the story is. It was all I could do to finish this book. However, the cover is one of the most beautiful covers I've seen. 

I also think that this cover is gorgeous. I love how the red matches the title and the wolf in the background with Calla looking off into the distance. All of that said, this is the absolute worst ending to a series I have ever read. I was extremely angry about this ending for months. I'm still a bit bitter about it. For the longest time, I vowed never to read another book by Andrea Cremer because if that's what she does to her readers at the end of a book, then I want no part of it. As I've calmed down, I decided I'd give her another try. We all make mistakes. I'm still pissed at this book, though. 

8 comments:

  1. For me, Fallen was incredibly boring. It took me two months just to complete it. Too bad the cover is achingly beautiful.

    I'm still hesitant about reading Nightshade, and I hate terrible endings. Mulling it over.

    Old Follower!
    Sydney @ Starry Storm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I completely forgot about Fallen! I loved the cover but I remember being really disappointed in the story. Great picks :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard bad things about Fallen. I'll avoid it!

    New follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really didn't like Fallen either! But it is a beautiful cover! I am curious whether i should read nightshade or not..i shall have to think about it some more!! new GFC follower:)

    MY FF:
    http://lotsofloveliterature.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/feature-and-follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of those covers. I didn't mind Fallen, but I gave up on Nightshade after.. Nightshade. Shay drove me nuts.
    Thanks for stopping by my FF, I'm a new follower !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fallen seems a very popular answer today for this particular question.

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't like Fallen either.
    New follower via GFC
    Check out MF FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Follower. Here's my link

    http://pagegirlspage.blogspot.com/

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!